In an effort to decrease labour-intensive testing cycles for metadata driven BSS/OSS applications, DonRiver designed and developed a custom testing application called DonRiver Validator.
DonRiver Validator employs an innovative approach that programmatically compares design documentation to the configured metadata model of an OSS system. The first product adaptors developed were configured to support the Amdocs Resource Management (Amdocs Cramer) product suite.
Amdocs Cramer Device Model Template Adaptor
This adaptor automates the Cramer device model template testing phase, provides intuitive error reporting, and establishes a repeatable process for what traditionally is a very complex testing cycle.
Amdocs Cramer Metadata Data Load
This adaptor can programmatically load tested Cramer metadata into the Resource Manager database; this allows users/testers the ability to quickly validate or signoff DMT’s once they’ve been tested.
The following are key reasons that service providers utilize DonRiver Validator:
- Automates Testing - Programmatically compares design templates (e.g. MS Word) to an XML representation of the “as built” metadata model
- Intuitive Error Reports - Validator outputs a set of reports that identifies inconsistencies, defects and gaps between the design templates and the “as built” metadata
- Establishes a Repeatable Process - Validator can be run numerous times (regression test defects, etc.)
- Application testing for ARM device metadata is dramatically reduced - application testing of DMT's can be done in a single day.
- Allows business users the ability to quickly introduce new technologies into Amdocs Cramer faster and easier.
Interested in learning more? Use the contact form on this page to receive more information about the DonRiver Validator or our telecommunications consulting services.